Friday, January 2, 2015

Worst of 2014

Here is my list of the worst movies of 2014. No hate please since these are the movies that I personally disliked, not the ones other people should dislike.

10. Robocop

The acting is decent but the plot is generic, the action extremely boring and the villains simply horrible. An absolutely pointless remake.

9. The monuments men

George Clooney's cast that includes the talents of Matt Damon and Bill Murray among others is wasted in WWII treasure hunting film that is hollow and structurally disjointed. The actors have nothing to do as the plot is one irrelevant event after another with a very predictable ending.

8. I Frankenstein

Demons fighting gargoyles and Frankenstein fighting both of those factions. Someone just went full retard.

7. Annabelle


A pathetic and lazy attempt to cash in on the success of the much better "The Conjuring." This is a bad horror film with idiotic characters, stupid scares and even one or two scenes that should be creepy but end up being rather hilarious.

6. Trip to Italy

One of two movies from last year's Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival that i did not like at all. This film is just two men in Italy, eating at restaurants and doing impersonations of famous people. While that is funny at first, it gets annoying extremely fast as that is pretty much all this film is.

5. A pigeon sat on a branch reflecting on existence

The other film from last year's Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival that i did not like at all. This movie is so surreal that I simply do not understand what it is trying to say. I love stories with difficult themes that give me something to think about, but this is just too much. I hated watching this film as I did not understand anything and kept almost falling asleep every 3 minutes.

4. Under the skin


A film that I know a lot of people love, but I just hate. I can't stand the surreal nature of this story and the lack of answers combined with an endless use of symbolism drives me crazy.

3. The other woman

A stupid, clichéd, totally unfunny film that is terribly acted by Leslie Mann, Kate Upton and especially Cameron Diaz. It tries to be this female empowerment movie but ends up insulting women and making them look bad. Not reccomended in any way.

2. Godzilla

The marketing got me SO excited to see this movie that sadly ended up being a total piece of shit. I HATE THIS FILM. The acting is terrible and the plot and the action are boring to say the least. Godzilla is absent from most of the movie and instead we get a few other, very useless monsters and an even more useless Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

1. Two faces of January



This is the worst movie of 2014. Watching this film made me so mad that I almost would have walked out, but I decided to stay. That was a mistake.
There is no freaking tension in this so called thriller. The characters are idiots who keep running from someone, but no one is ever really chasing them. On top of everything else there is a badly written love triangle that is concluded in the most melodramatic way possible. Nothing besides the performances here works. Whoever made this horrible pile of shit can go $£§© themselves. Thank you!







0 comments:

Post a Comment